The Westside Sacramento Integrated Regional Water Management Plan has kicked off a “brownfields” project that will engage communities in the Cache and Putah Creek watersheds about abandoned mining sites.
The goals of this project are to:
- Increase public understanding of land use issues related to brownfields; and
- Develop a prioritized plan for cleanup projects on mine-scarred sites consistent with regional planning objectives.
The Westside Brownfields Coalition Assessment Project will:
- Create an interactive database of mine sites in the two watersheds;
- Prioritize and assess mine-scarred sites in our area;
- Evaluate sites for potential cleanup; and
- Develop an overall brownfields plan for the region.
Join a network of community members to help plan cleanup activities for abandoned minesites in the region. As the project progresses, we will provide email updates, stakeholder meetings and public workshops, online mapping tools, and other resources!
Sign up now to receive the latest updates and information from the project team.
Still have questions?
Visit our Commonly Asked Questions page to find out more.
Or email us at email@example.com.