Westside Brownfields Coalition Assessment Project
The Westside Sacramento Integrated Regional Water Management Group oversees a “brownfields” project that engages communities primarily in the Cache and Putah Creek watersheds to assess and remediate abandoned mining sites.
The goals of this project were to:
- Increase public understanding of land use issues related to brownfields; and
- Develop a prioritized plan for cleanup projects on mine-scarred sites consistent with regional planning objectives.
The Westside Brownfields Coalition Assessment Project has:
- Created an interactive database of mine sites in the two watersheds;
- Prioritized and assessed mine-scarred sites in our area;
- Evaluated sites for potential cleanup; and
- Developed an overall brownfields plan for the region.